The crew at Haliburton Forest and our incredible team of race organizers are sad to announce we will be cancelling the Haliburton Forest Trail Race 2020.
As you can imagine it was a very tough decision for us to make. We thank everyone that reached out through Facebook, email and messenger to provide feedback.
See below for how we will be proceeding with race registrations, as well as accommodations and camping reservations.
We look forward to bringing the race back bigger and better than ever before with the ultimate Haliburton Forest Trail Race Family Reunion in 2021! Yes there will be swag!
Race Weekend Alternative
Those wishing to still run on the race weekend September 12 and 13, 2020 you are more than welcome to visit Haliburton Forest. Whether you are in accommodations, a regular campsite (not to be confused with group camping in the field) or just want to come for the day we would love to see you out on the trails.
For the race weekend, if we have enough interest, we will drop water bottles at the six Aid Stations along the traditional race route. Starting Friday night to Sunday late afternoon.
Note: There will be no flags or race signage, so it will be your responsibility to navigate through the trail system.
We hope to see you on the trails whether on race day or not.
Those not staying with us will be required to purchase a day pass and sign the online waiver.
Race Registration – To Cancel Or To Deffer To 2021?
With either choice we ask everyone to email us your decision at firstname.lastname@example.org versus phoning. As you can imagine our phone lines are inundated with the busy summer we are having and we have limited staff.
When emailing please ensure to include:
- First and Last Name
- Race Distance
- Phone Number
- Email Address
It may take us a couple of weeks to process everyone’s requests so please be patient.
Please let us know by Friday, July 31, 2020 what you decide.
Cancelling for 2020
We are offering full refunds less the Race Roster Admin Fee which varies depending on the race class.
Deferring for 2021
If you wish to deffer we will simply move your registration fees forward to 2021 including any dinner tickets as well as group camping.
Onsite Accommodations and Camping
Should you wish to cancel or move your booking to 2021 we can do that as well.
Cancellations will be given a full refund less the $25.00 admin fee.
With deferrals we will move your entire deposit forward to 2021.
We thank you everyone for your patience, understanding and support throughout this process.
We look forward to creating the most epic Haliburton Forest Family Reunion in 2021!
Your race organizing team,
Tegan Legge, Cameron Ferguson, Marena Wigmore, Jamie Sala,
Don Konzenku, Gary Black, Merle Tubman, Helen Malemberg